Terms & Conditions
Tax is applied as per Egyptian Laws and is identified as a value added tax.
The Rental period is the total time the vehicle spends in the custody of the customer which is also identified as “Rental Duration”. The rental duration is calculated on the bases of indivisible periods of 24 hours starting from the time the vehicle is made available. However, a 30 minutes grace period is applied at the end of the rental before the start of a new 24 hours period.
In case the customer chooses to keep the vehicle for a longer period than mentioned in the rental agreement, then the customer should request an extension of the rental period. This should be done through the booking source and the customer should verify the extension with any Hertz Egypt locations. In case of extending through Hertz Egypt, then the customer should communicate with Hertz station 48 hours before the start of the extension period.
The Airport Surcharge is included in the rate offered from Hertz Egypt in its stations in airports.
The minimum driver age is 25 years & the maximum age is 70 years old for all vehicle’s categories.
To be able to rent the vehicle the customer must show :
- Driving license which has been held for at least 1 year and valid during double the rental period, International driving license is mandatory for foreign customers.
- Valid ID or passport & an authorized credit card that is written under customer name.
When renting from Hertz Egypt the vehicle is fully insured against damage, theft and attempt theft damages, a certain amount will be blocked from your valid credit card to cover any charges.
In the event of vehicle damage the customer will be charged up to a maximum of this excess amount and will be debited from the blocked amount, in case the damage occurs as a result of reckless or negligent behavior or under the influence of drugs or alcohol the customer will be liable for the full cost and any charges determined by Hertz Egypt. *Insurance excess must be paid at time of check out, non-refundable in case of accident or car theft.
The Excess amount is displayed below:
- MDMR / EDMR / EDAR /CDAR: 450 USD
- IDAR: 500 USD
- IMAR/SDAR/FDAR/FVAR/ SFAR/ IFAR: 700 USD
The Excess amount doesn’t cover the following:
- In case of lost or withdrawal Vehicle license client must pay: 150 USD.
- Scratches over 15 Mm long.
- Child Seat Baby of any kind: 250 USD.
- In case of removal/loss of the company corporate identity attached to the vehicle driver to be charged 10 USD.
- In case of any damage to the vehicle interiors (tearing, burning, etc.) driver to be charged 50 USD.
- Cleaning charge: 20 USD (In case the car was returned dirty, the customer is liable to pay the cleaning charge).
- Stereo cassette or CD:
- 400 USD for groups: EDAR, CDAR, IDAR, IMAR, MDMR, EDMR
- 900 USD for groups: SDAR, FVAR, IFAR, SFAR, FDAR
- Car Antenna:
- 100 USD for groups: EDAR, CDAR, IDAR, IMAR, MDMR, EDMR
- 200 USD for groups: SDAR, FVAR, IFAR, SFAR, FDAR
- Car Key:
- 450 USD for groups: EDAR, CDAR, IDAR, IMAR, MDMR, EDMR
- 800 USD for groups: SDAR, FVAR, IFAR, SFAR, FDAR
- Fire-extinguisher: 50 USD
- The alloy: 250 USD
- Each wheel:
- 300 USD for groups: EDMR, CDAR, IDAR, IMAR, FDAR
- 500 USD for groups: SDAR, SFAR, FVAR, RFAR, IFAR
- 40 USD for groups: EDAR, CDAR, IDAR, IMAR, MDMR, EDMR
- 80 USD for groups: SDAR, FVAR, IFAR, SFAR
All Hertz vehicles are rented with a full tank and must be returned with a full tank. or a refueling charge will be applied:
If the tank half or less empty: 20 USD
If the tank more than half or empty: 30 USD
The Excess amount to be blocked from a credit card only (MasterCard or VISA), Debit cards and cash are not accepted.
The Rental payment to be settled with a debit or credit card (MasterCard or VISA) or in cash.
All rental payments are to be paid on arrival or in advance.
*** Note; American Express cards not accepted for all payments.
Excess Deposit release:
The deposit is released after 14 to maximum 29 working days which start from rental check out date.
***Note: working days exclude holidays (Egyptian National Holidays & Weekends).
Child/Baby/Infant seat: 5 USD per day (maximum 50 USD).
After working hours Service: Customer is eligible to collect the vehicle out of the working hours with an extra cost of 20$.
Delivery / Collection: Free in Town within 10 Km Upon availability, additional KM charged 1.5 USD per KM.
- Domestic: Available between Hertz stations inside Egypt territory. If the customer returns the vehicle to any other Hertz rental location than the agreed location, repatriation costs will be charged to you.
- Cross Border Rentals & Territorial Restrictions :
- Cross Border Rentals are not allowed.
- In case of offence against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all protections lose their validity.
Only the authorized person (whose name is mentioned in the rental agreement) has the legal right to drive the vehicle throughout the rental period. But an additional driver can also be authorized if added in the rental agreement and is subjected to all terms and conditions applied to the main driver and will be with an extra: 4 USD per day (Max. 40 USD).
If cancellation done before 1 day of the rental period starts, there will be no penalties applied (100% free cancellation), If cancellation done during the rental period, then a new rate will be applied according to the number of used days in addition to 1-day cancellation penalty, then the rest of the paid amount will be refunded.
In case of misuse of the vehicle during the rental period, Hertz Egypt may cancel the reservation and withdraw the vehicle from the customer.
Prepaid Reservations: The car will be reserved for 6 hours after the booking time, after that a 1-day penalty is applied which recovers our administration costs and compensates us for our inability to rent the vehicle when it was reserved for your use.
Non-prepaid Reservations: The car will be reserved for 2 hours after the booking time, then the reservation will be cancelled.
***In case flight details available and communicated, the reservation will not be cancelled.
Restriction of Use:
Vehicle must not be used under any of the following conditions or for any of the following purposes; otherwise, customer will take full responsibility for all charges set by Hertz:
- Driving the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of narcotic substances.
- Transportation of inflammable or dangerous goods, as well as toxic, corrosive, radioactive or other harmful substances.
- Transportation of any kind of pets (subject to prior authorization by hertz).
- Using a roof rack, luggage carrier or similar, unless supplied by Hertz Egypt.
- Re-rental to or use by other persons.
- Carrying passengers for hire or reward.
- Participating in rally’s, competitions or trials, wherever they may take place,
- Giving driving lessons,
- Pushing or towing another vehicle or exceeding the authorized load weight.
- Travelling on non-paved roads or on roads, beaches, the surface or state of repair of which could put the vehicle’s wheels, tires or it’s under body mechanics at risk.
- Carrying any goods and baggage carried in the vehicle, including their packing and stowage equipment, which might damage the vehicle or put the vehicles abnormally at risk. (In any way which breaks the Highway Code, road traffic laws or any other laws)
- Not legible to travel with the vehicles across international borders or use the ferry transfer between Egypt’s cities.
The customer is liable to pay the following:
- In any way which breaks the highway code, road traffic laws or any other laws (Customer will be liable to pay the full amount of the penalty set for breaking the traffic laws).
- Extra mileage based on the agreed rates in this contract.
- Chauffeur fees (works for 8 hours).
***All above rates are including tax.